OOSC Privacy Notice
At OOSC we respect the privacy of the children attending the Club and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our legal basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our Club.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email and post so that we can send you information about your child, our Club and other relevant news, and so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
You may browse the OOSC website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal data. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and is only recorded for the purpose of statistical analysis and to monitor website security. The log files are regularly purged.
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.