OOSC will follow government advice regarding protective measures for out of school and holiday clubs published on the government website: here
There is further information for parents here
As the risk of transmission is considerably lower outdoors, when possible staff will consider whether they are able to run as much of the session as possible safely outside. However, where this may not be possible, staff will refer to the guidance for schools (updated 17.9.20) for more advice on practical steps that can be taken to implement the current protective measures.
Key OOSC operational procedures:
- Staff and children will maintain high standards of handwashing and cleaning, staff and children wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds on arrival at the club and before and after eating.
- Areas of use and toys regularly shared will be deep-cleaned before and after use and resources that are more difficult to clean will not be used.
- All indoor spaces will be well ventilated.
- Own toys and games may not be brought into the club and resources not taken home.
- Children will provide their own water bottles for regular refilling.
- Good respiratory hygiene will be encouraged by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan:
Should an outbreak be identified at OOSC out of school or holiday clubs then our COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan has been developed to ensure clarity in relation to the responsibilities and actions that will be taken.
Staff and children will continue to follow the COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection guidance.
The area will be cleaned and disinfected using standard cleaning products and following the COVID-19: cleaning of non-healthcare settings guidance before being used by anyone else. PPE will be worn by staff caring for the child while they await collection if a distance of 1+ metres cannot be maintained (such as for a very young child or a child with complex needs). In an emergency, staff will call 999 if they are seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk.